New Swiss Shield Ultima Arbour: Exclusively Available At SLT
Swiss Shield Ultima Arbour Is Recommended To Be Used To Make EMF Blocking Clothing
Highest Attenuation Non Conductive Viscose Shielding Fabric For EMF Blocking Clothing - Radio Frequency / Microwave effectiveness of 99.992% or 41 dB at (1000 MHz / 1 GHz) and over 99.2% or 21 dB effective up to (10,000 MHz / 10 GHz) (Width= 250 cm or 98.4 inches) What is a Linear Foot?
Swiss Shield Ultima Arbour is our softest, most attractive EMF fabric for clothing with the best radio frequency / microwave radiation shielding characteristics.
This product is made from viscose, which is often touted as a sustainable alternative to cotton or polyester. It is also popular in the fashion industry as a cheaper and more durable alternative to silk. Often, it is used to create drapey summer dresses, skirts, soft blouses, drapes and synthetic velvet.
Our Lyocell viscose fabric is highly breathable, even more than fabrics such as cotton.
It also has great moisture wicking properties, which will keep you dry, fresh and comfortable: an ideal fabric for summer.
Swiss Shield Ultima Arbour is an SLT exclusive product.
Detect, protect and verify: three steps to achieving peace of mind.
What Is Lyocell Fabric And Is It Sustainable?
If you’re searching for the sustainable superstar of fabrics then Lyocell (and especially TENCEL™, more on that later) should be atop your list. However, its accolades go far beyond the realm of sustainability. Being silky smooth lyocell feels great against skin, drapes beautifully, is lightweight, highly breathable, antimicrobial, moisture wicking, and is wrinkle resistant. It’s little wonder why it has been hailed as a “miracle fabric”.
How Is Lyocell/Viscose Made?
Since lyocell is derived from cellulose (i.e. trees) it is both sustainable and organic, with the most common sources being eucalyptus, bamboo and beech. These are fast growing varieties that do not require irrigation or pesticides and are often grown on land that is otherwise unsuitable for alternative uses. After harvesting, the wood is chipped and immersed in a solvent to extract raw cellulose before being passed through spinnerets that elongate the fibers. These fibers are then washed, dried, cut, carded and spun into yarn which is ultimately woven into a fabric.
Soft, Elegant, Viscose Fabric, Designed For The Needs of The Chemically Sensitive
This premium fabric is the most compatible with an electromagnetic hypersensitive (EHS) and or multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS) person.
- Breathable: Lyocell is highly breathable, even more than fabrics like cotton.
- Fabric texture: Silky smooth, drapes well and is soft, lightweight, and comfortable against the skin.
- Moisture wicking: Has great moisture wicking properties, which will keep you dry, fresh and comfortable. An ideal fabric for summer.
- Biodegradable: Lyocell is fully biodegradable as the manufacturing process is free from harmful by-products.
- Durable: The fabric is strong, long-lasting and it does not wrinkle easily.
- Great for sensitive skin: The fabric does not rub or chafe and is ideal for those who suffer from eczema or dermatitis, or anyone who loves the feeling of silk.
- Antibacterial: Due to its capacity to manage moisture lyocell does not hold odours like performance activewear and thus it is suitable for multiple wears between washes, which saves water and energy.
- Comfortable feel, soft, viscose fabric without chemicals
- Applications include clothing, bedding, sleeping bags, etc
- More durable than Naturell for clothing and softer than Max Wear or Wear
- Can be dyed with ordinary cotton dyes
- Designed and manufactured in Switzerland
- Shielding Effectiveness 99.992% or 41 dB at 1000 MHz and 99.2% effective up to 10 GHz
- Woven from viscose fiber with a gossamer-thin 0.02 mm silvered and PU-coated spun-in copper thread
- Washable, easy to iron, easy to cut and easy to sew
- OEKO-TEX Certified as a skin friendly textile and free from harmful substances
- All Swiss Shield fabrics reflect high frequency electromagnetic waves and are not externally conductive, therefore no need for grounding, with the exception of Naturell Ultra
- All Swiss Shield fabrics are made with an insulated metallic thread which allows the fabric to be washed without loss of shielding, with the exception of Naturell Ultra
- A non-conductive fabric ensures there is no exposed metal which can rub off or become airborne and cause irritation or health effects
- Desired quantity of Swiss Shield Ultima Arbour
Washing and Drying Care:
- Machine wash on gentle cycle with cold water
- Iron without steam lowest temperature setting
- No bleaching
- No chemical dry cleaning
- Hang to dry
- Do not tumble dry
Recommendations Before Purchase:
- It is always recommended to measure RF exposure before and after a Swiss Shield fabric installation. If unsure, consult a qualified EMR technician or acquire the proper measuring equipment.
- Reduce/eliminate the low frequency AC electric fields (ELF) exposure in area of installation. Contact us to learn more.
- Width / Length:
- 250 cm (98.4 inches) +/- 1 inch / by the meter or foot
- Sheer, Slightly Off White
- Washable, colourfast, antistatic
- Hand wash in cold water, hang to dry
- Raw Materials:
- Lyocell viscose
- MIL-STD 285, NSA 65-6, Öko-Tex Standard 100+1000
- Shielding Characteristics:
- 99.992% or 41 dB at 1000 MHz