Gigahertz Solutions HFE35C RF Meter Kit
Intermediate Level RF Analyzer
The Versatile Intermediate Gigahertz Solutions HFE35C RF Meter Kit measures radio frequency / microwave radiation (27 MHz – 2.7 GHz) with audio signal analysis.
Includes 2 Antennas - a standard directional antenna plus omni-directional antenna.
Designed to meet Bau–Biologie RF measurement performance requirements.
"Know for sure" What EMF Levels you are being exposed to - own a Gigahertz Solutions HFE35C RF Meter Kit.
Professional Level Features:
Accurate Peak Measurements provide invaluable information for the layperson or technician who needs to assess potential biological impacts at an RF contaminated site. The HFE35C equipped with the "Quasi" Isotropic Antenna, takes biological assessment one step further. The Ultra Broadband "Quasi" Isotopic Antenna has the ability to assimilate and read the RF exposure conditions typical for a human body. A measurement taken with this equipment provides a 360 degree RF exposure snap shot.
- Equipped with Two Antennas - enhanced circuitry for use with the Ultra Broadband Omni-Directional UBB27 Antenna(Boosted Frequency Range of 27 MHz– 2.7 GHz) and the directional Logarithmic – Periodic Antenna designed to make source identification simple and efficient. Readings increase when the antenna is pointed in the direction of or moved closer to offending sources (Frequency Range of 800 MHz to 2.7 GHz).
- Detects both analogue and pulsed digital signals (1 – 1999 µW/m²)
- Detects RF radiation generated by cellular phone and cordless phones (DECT); microwave ovens; Radar; wireless communication devices (such as internet routers, WLAN, Wi-Fi, baby monitors, Bluetooth, video games); smart meters; cell phone towers in the operational range of 27 MHz @ 2.7 GHz with the UBB27 antenna (GSM, UMTS, 2G, 3G, 4G)
- In addition the UBB27 Antenna detects RF radiation generated by FM Radio; Amateur Radio; Digital & Analog TV
- Audio Signal Analysis replicates the patterns and intensity of measured RF emissions
- Detects Full RF signal comprised of both analogue digital signals and pulsed digital signals
- Coarse (0 – 1999 µW/m²) and Fine (0 – 199.9 µW/m²) Range Options. A Fine range option provides added value when needing accurate assessment of weaker signals
- Peak and Average Settings: While measurements taken on the Average Value setting provide a basic impression of RF levels at a test site, the Peak Value setting reveals the highest levels of RF being emitted. The Peak Value is regarded as the measurement critical to assessing potential biological effects.
- Antennas: Omni–directional UBB27 27 MHz – 2.7 GHz – 360º plus the Directional Logarithmic Periodic “LogPer” 800 MHz – 2.7 GHz 45º
- LCD Display: Easy to read 3.5 digit display
- Accuracy/ Linearity Deviation: +/– 6 dB
- Audible Tone: The meter’s audio tone replicates the patterns and intensity of measured RF emissions
- Signal Detection Type: Peak , Average, Full signal – Analogue plus Digital(pulsed)
- Power Supply: 9 Volt alkaline battery included
- Battery Low Indicator: Meter will auto–power off 3 minutes following battery low signal display
- Auto Power Off: Saves on battery use – will auto–power off after 40 minutes of continuous EMF testing
- Operating Time: Alkaline battery provides up to 6 – 7 hrs continuous EMF testing
- Measuring Ranges: 00.1 – 199.9 µW/m² // 1 – 1999 µW/m²
- Maximum display resolution is 199,900 µW/m² which requires the external DG20_G10 Attenuator
- Minimum display resolution is 0.01 µW/m² with the external HV10_27G3 Amplifier (10x)
- Minimum display resolution is 0.001 µW/m² with the external HV30_27G3 Amplifier (100x)
- Minimum display resolution is 0.001 µW/m² with the external HV20_2400G10 Amplifier (100x)
- Carrying Case: Sturdy plastic storage/carrying case included
- Plastic Carrying Case: K5 (33x 27 x 8 cm) (13 x 10.6 x 3.2 inches)
- HFE35C: Radio Frequency Analyzer
- Antenna: Ultra Broadband, Omni-Directional, 360º (27 MHz to 2.7GHz) (UBB27)
- Antenna: Logarithmic Periodic 800 MHz – 2.7 GHz vertically polarized
- User Guide: RF Analyzer and UBB27 Antenna
- 2 Year Warranty: Certificate
- Battery: 9 V Alkaline
During the manufacturing process strict calibration procedures are followed using only high end, calibrated measurement instruments. This guarantees that every HF35C meter made by Gigahertz has been individually calibrated to a traceable standard.
- Frequency Range of Meter:
- 27 MHz to 2.7 GHz
- Measurement Ranges:
- Fine: 0.1 – 199.9 µW/m² – Resolution 60 dB
Coarse: 1 – 1999 µW/m² – Resolution 50 dB
- True Logarithmic Periodic Antenna 800 MHz – 2.7 GHz vertically polarized
Plus Omni-Directional UBB27 360 Degree Antenna - 27 MHz - 2.7 GHz
- Signal Evaluation:
- True Peak and average
- + / – 6 dB
- Linearity Deviation:
- + / – 6 dB
- + / – 9 digits
- 71 x 225 x 31 mm (W x L x H) approx 2–3/4 x 9 x 1.25 inches
- Approx. 250 grams
- Material of Case:
I have a Safe and Sound Pro II which I use all the time for regular inspections. However, the HFE35C (with directional antenna) is much more precise - to within an inch of the RF entry point! I had shielded my bedroom but still wasn't getting the reduction in RF that I was looking for. I thought buying the HFE35C would be a "luxury" purchase - it wasn't, it turned out to be a necessity. Plenty of "ah ha" moments when inspecting the bedroom first time with the HFE35C (e.g., RF sneaking in via some sections of window casing). The UBB27 antenna provides a very clear reading of total RF exposure. It is also good for evaluating total exposure in hot spots, prior to using the directional antenna to pinpoint location of RF entry. If the context for the room that you are trying to shield is complex (i.e., 7 cell towers within 1 km, 30+ wifi, radar, etc - from all directions / sources - floor, ceiling, walls, windows, HVAC vents) you may want to invest in a directional meter. I absolutely love this meter! I feel like a kid at Christmas time!