The 24 Amp, 12VDC, 4 Circuit Contactor allows our RCS4 Remote Cut Off Switch to control up to 4 branch circuits. Additional contactors can be added to control additional circuits with the same Remote Cutoff Switch.
- High Quality ABB Contactor (Noiseless - Hum free)
- Allows for multiple circuit control with 1 Remote Control Cut Off Switch
- Up to 4 Branch circuits per contactor
- For use only with the RCS4 Remote Control Cut Off Switch
- Mounts on Standard DIN rail - not included
Recommended Circuit Configuration:
- Four - 15 Amp circuits (Resistive Load Only)
- Four - 20 Amp circuits (Resistive Load Only)
- Any combination of four 15 and 20 amp circuits (Resistive Load Only)
- Consult with your local electrician for proper application
Contactor Technical Details:
- Normally Closed
- 4 Pole - 4 individual contactors allowing for control of up to 4 branch circuits
- 12 VDC coil voltage - used as the trigger
- Rated 24 amps per contactor - Resistive Current Load (Incandescent Lights, electric heater)
- Rated for 9 amps per contactor - Reactive Current Load (Motors)
Inductive loads use magnetic fields (i.e., wire wound coil), as in a furnace, air conditioning unit, or blender. The general rule is, if it moves, it is probably an inductive load, which pulls a large amount of current (inrush current) when it is first energized. But after a few cycles or seconds, the current settles down to a steady state. This steady state is typically the wattage rating you see on the product label. The peak wattage, which occurs with the inrush current, is normally found in the owner’s manual.
Resistive loads convert current into other forms of energy, such as heat. Hair dryers and heaters typically create resistive loads, characterized by not having large inrush currents. The wattage ratings of resistive loads can be taken at face value and are exactly as indicated on their labels.
24 Amp Contactor: Qty=1
Used this in a different breaker box than the sleep switch to control 3 other breakers. All work off the remote from the sleep switch. Works great.