EMF Exposure: CPAP Machines
Sleeping with a CPAP machine can leave you with many questions about your EMF exposure. There are a few precautions you can take to ensure you are limiting your EMF exposure with your CPAP machine.
CPAP and EMF Exposure Precautions
To ensure you are attaining an EMF friendly sleeping environment with a CPAP device, use the precautions listed below whenever possible.
- Place the CPAP device itself as far away from the EMF Bed Canopy or bed as is reasonably possible.
- Use for a standard tube, rather than a "heated" tube.
- Some CPAP machines send the usage data wirelessly. In these cases, there may be an option to put the CPAP machine into "Airplane" mode (i.e. disable the RF emissions).
- If compatible, use a shielded power cable to power the device.
* Please note that results may vary from case-to-case.
** The information presented here is intended for educational purposes only. It does not constitute physician/medical advice, nor does it supersede your physician’s instruction. Always follow your physician’s advice and direction. SLT is not a health care provider.