y Shield Paint / RF Shielding Paint / EMF Shielding Paint, Carbon Based and Corrosion Resistant, Attenuation of 39 dB / 99.987 % with one coat. Available in 1 and 5 Litre Bins.
Our standard RF Shielding Paint for interior and exterior application based on a high quality pure-acrylic binder. This shielding paint offers a perfect compromise of excellent attenuation, high water resistance and ecological.
Y Shield Paint /EMF Shielding Paint/EMF provides EMF shielding protection from High Frequency Radiation from wireless communications such as modems, DECT phones, Television and radio stations and cell Towers.
- 5G EMF Blocking Paint
- EMF shielding paint for interior application and exterior application
- Now monitored by TÜV-SÜD. The whole production process including quality control, emission behaviour and economical use of preserving agents is subject to monitoring.
- Excellent shielding qualities for protection against RF radiation, microwave and from low-frequency Electric Fields if grounded
- Attenuation of 39 dB in one layer (shielding effectiveness of 99.987 %).
- Electro-conductive coating, liquid water-based and Low-emission (0.18g/litre)
- High water resistance and environmentally friendly
- Apply as a prime coat and cover with interior paint or exterior paint
- Good adhesion on many surfaces and substrates such as latex paint, construction board, cement, plaster, polystyrene, masonry surfaces and more…
- Frost resistant in delivery form. Optimized for shipping to regions with low average temperatures or air shipments that may reach freezing
- Paint is black in color
- Corrosion resistant - contains no metallic particles
- Coverage: Interior: 1 Litre 7.5 sq. Meters (81 sq. Feet); Exterior: 1 Litre 5.0 sq. Meters (54 sq. Feet)
- Living areas: Protection from RF-Radiation (High Frequency EMF) from Cell Phone Towers, TV and radio broadcasting antennas, radar, DECT cordless phones, wireless networks etc…
- Protection against Low Frequency Electric Fields when grounded
- Industry: To prevent interception of data from wireless networks, and potentially bugged conference rooms
- Science and R&D: Shielding of electromagnetic interference (EMI) sensitive facilities and equipment
- Medicine: Protection against sensitive technical equipment. To guarantee important medical data is derived correctly and will not be altered by EMI
- Electronic Industry: To reduce induction and interference
- Underground: Apply to a clean dry degreased surface
- Further Applications: Schools, nurseries, hotel rooms, hospital rooms
Detect, Protect and Verify: Three Steps to Achieving Peace of Mind
Grounding is recommended and is to be completed by a licensed electrician. Be sure to follow all local electrical codes and standards for grounding. The National Electrical Code does not address applying conductive paint to walls. However, because this product does not carry a UL or CSA listing, some electrical inspectors may not be comfortable approving the installation. An electrical engineer may be required to certify the installation. Check with your local inspector first. To ensure an adequate ground connection, we recommend using the YSHIELD Grounding Kit GW(interior) or GE(exterior) and EB2 Conductive Tape. Step by step instructions for the mounting of the Grounding Kit are included.
- Desired quantity of 1 Litre or 5 Litre Bins of Y Shield Paint
- Installation and Grounding Instructions
- typically 39 dB per layer- 99.987%
- Electrical Resistance:
- 7.5 Ohm per sq inch
- Minimum Application Temperature:
- +5°C / 41°F
- 3.2 lb / liter
- Typical Coverage:
- 50-100 ft² (~ 5-10 m²) per liter
- Shelf Life:
- 15 months, unopened
- Binding Agent:
- Pure Acrylic
- Screening Agent:
High rise concrete condo. Applied 3 coats Yshield on bedroom stucco ceiling and the exterior facing wall around window (including sills). 2 coats blocked cell / wifi and the 3rd coat blocked most of the radar. Yshield is lovely to work with - covers really well, very low splatter, and low odor. Lessons learned: 1) use a good primer - i didnt and it took more coats of primer than expected, 2) Yshield with additive should be mixed well - electric mixer required, 3) grounding tape can easily get "mangled / ruined" during ceiling installation - pay close attention during installation!, 4) grounding tape pathway on stucco ceiling along one length (12 ft) was easier to accomplish than expected - 20 min with a 1" scraper did a really nice job, 5) radar is hard to block - wish I had applied thicker coats of Yshield to the exterior facing wall, and 6) SLT provided excellent advice prior to me starting the project - I went in with a higher degree of confidence (i.e., yes it is possible to apply Yshield to a stucco ceiling) - thanks again Tyler! I would use the Yshield paint and grounding tape / plate again!!
Thanks to Zachary for helping me through this bedroom project! Under the Board & Batten is grounding tape & 3 coats of Y-Shield. It rolls on smoothly, dries quickly and low-to-no-odor. Then 3 coats of the white to cover, 1 for the bronze. Pre-readings with SLT RF meter were 65 - over 1100 (neighbors are 12’ away on 2 sides) to post-readings of 3-10 micro watts/meter squared. I dream all through the night now! Warning: don’t install or use anything wireless in your “sleep sanctuary!”
Follow instructions. Mix well and apply at least 2 coats. Ensure all surfaces of the room are shielded and grounded. Fashionable colours of paint apply easily over top, but do require a few coats to fully cover. The result will be a room fantastically shielded from EMFs. If the left over paint is stored, the paint will thicken over time,